It’s that time again, 5 Ingredient Mondays! Last week we had a bunch of delicious recipes, check them out here. It was very hard to pick my favourites (so I highly suggest checking them all out), but I managed:
Cauliflower Crust Pizza– Carrie on Vegan
I love pizza, like, really LOVE it. A crust that includes a vegetable is therefore a dream come true for me!
Cinnamon Sweet Potato Frosting– Sandi’s Allergy Free Recipes
Frosting is something I’ve been doing a lot of experimenting with. It’s challenging to make without oil, but this recipe does it and does it with brilliance! Who needs oil when you can use sweet potato?
This week my 5-Ingredient recipe was inspired by the weather, anti-inflammatory foods and satisfying a sweet craving without any added sugar. My partner is recovery very well (and quickly) from his surgery and has actually told me he thinks it’s because of the foods I’ve been feeding him!!! Woohoo!!! He’s even trying to convince me to make a few posts about the pre and post surgery diet I’ve put him on. In the meantime, I thought I’d share one of our favourite treats. It’s cold, it’s refreshing, it fights inflammation and it’s down-right delicious:
Anti-Inflammatory Cherry Citrus Popsicles
A fresh summertime treat that cools your inflammation, while cooling you from the heat!
- 2 cups frozen dark cherries
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used almond)
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1-2 tsp fresh ginger
- Add all ingredients into a blender (I used my Vitamix) and blend until smooth.
- Pour into popsicle moulds and place in freezer.
- Once they’re frozen, run the mould under hot water until the popsicles can be removed.
There’s my submission to 5 Ingredient Mondays, what will yours be this week?
Please review the following guidelines before linking up:
- Recipe should contain 5 ingredients or less, pantry staples excluded. So basically anything that is likely to be found in most peoples kitchen/pantry does not count as an ingredient, neither do optional ingredients. Examples of kitchen/pantry staples may include spices, baking soda, baking powder, milk/non-dairy milk, oils, etc.
- Recipe must be gluten-free. Bonus for recipes that are also dairy-free and double bonus for plant-based recipes.
- Lastly, please leave a link to your own recipe that goes to that week’s 5-Ingredient Monday post, not on this static page.
Your recipes don’t need to be from this week, but it does need to be your own recipe. I will sometimes share photos of the recipes with links back to your blog, so by sharing your recipe, you are giving me permission to use your photo and link back to your recipe.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
UPDATE! This recipe has been shared at Raw Food Thursdays, Fat Tuesday, Whole Food Wednesdays, Thank Your Body Thursdays, Pure Potluck Party, Natural Living Mondays, Healthy 2Day Wednesdays, Wellness Weekend, Make Your Own Monday, Full Plate Thursdays, Allergy-Free Wednesdays, Healthy Vegan Fridays, Try a New Recipe Tuesdays, Gluten-Free Wednesdays and Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays.