I cannot believe how long it has been since I’ve posted a recipe here. I wish I could say that I will start posting recipes frequently again, but my recipe notebook is packed in a box somewhere and I don’t know when I’ll be unpacking. My fiance and I are currently staying at his parents house while we finish up renovations in our new house. So not only do I not have my recipe notebook, I also don’t have my own kitchen to experiment and make a mess in. One day in the near future I will though and it will be glorious!
In the meantime, I’m sharing a recipe today that I have memorized because I’ve made it THAT many times. And yes, it is a cookie recipe. What other recipe would I make that often?
I love these cookies because they’re naturally sweetened with banana and they’re packed with protein thanks to our friend Mr. Peanut Butter. These cookies are healthy enough to enjoy frequently but they don’t taste like it. The richness of the peanut butter mixed with the decadent chocolate makes these beauties a real treat!
Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oaties
Decadent cookies that are naturally sweetened and healthy enough to enjoy everyday!
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- arrowroot starch for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix together rolled oats and ground flax seeds and set aside.
- In a medium bowl cream together the mashed banana, non-dairy milk and peanut butter.
- Add the oat mixture to the medium bowl and mix until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and then portion the dough onto the lined baking sheet.
- Use a fork dipped in arrowroot starch (to prevent sticking) to flatten the cookies to your desired thickness, remembering that they will NOT spread while they bake.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let cool on baking sheet for another 5 minutes before enjoying!
You May Also Like: