Welcome to 5 Ingredient Mondays- A place where simplicity and deliciousness meet!
And what better way to celebrate then with a big bowl of soft and chewy homemade cereal! This Chunky Monkey Cereal is heaven, absolute chocolate-peanut butter-banana heaven. Fresh out of the oven, it will fill your house with the sweet scent of banana bread:
I created this recipe out of my desire for a big bowl of cereal. But not just any cereal, I wanted that cereal I was never allowed to have as a kid. You know, the cereal that was basically tiny cookies. As a kid I thought this was the best idea EVER, but now that I’m older I realize my mom had the best idea EVER when she refused to buy it.
But now you don’t have to choose between a decadent breakfast treat and healthy food:
Chunky Monkey Cereal (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free & Oil-Free)
Cereal that is jam packed with flavour and nutrition without any added sweeteners or preservatives.
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 3 tbsp all natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl mix together mashed banana, peanut butter and non-dairy milk.
- Stir in oats, chia seeds and chocolate chips.
- Transfer the mixture onto the lined baking sheet and form a rectangle with it.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and break rectangle into small bite size pieces.
- Bake for 5 more minutes and let cool.
- Portion into your bowls, cover with your favourite non-dairy milk and enter chocolate-peanut butter-banana heaven
There’s my submission to 5 Ingredient Mondays, what will yours be this week?
Please review the following guidelines before linking up:
- Recipe should contain 5 ingredients or less, pantry staples excluded. So basically anything that is likely to be found in most peoples kitchen/pantry does not count as an ingredient, neither do optional ingredients. Examples of kitchen/pantry staples may include spices, baking soda, baking powder, milk/non-dairy milk, oils, etc.
- Recipe must be gluten-free. Bonus for recipes that are also dairy-free and double bonus for plant-based recipes.
- Lastly, please leave a link to your own recipe that goes to that week’s 5-Ingredient Monday post, not on this static page.
Your recipes don’t need to be from this week, but it does need to be your own recipe. I will sometimes share photos of the recipes with links back to your blog, so by sharing your recipe, you are giving me permission to use your photo and link back to your recipe.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
UPDATE! This recipe has been shared at Full Plate Thursdays, Fresh Bites Friday, Healthy Vegan Fridays, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Gluten-Free Fridays, Healthy 2day, Whole Food Fridays, Melt in Your Mouth Mondays and Simple Meals Friday.