Remember when my partner came home with peanut butter? Well I ended up baking more than just the brownies to use up the peanut butter. I also made these yummy little morsels:
That’s right, peanut butter muffins speckled with chocolate chunks. These are seriously delicious. I found they tasted best after they’ve completely cooled and they were out of this world after I chilled them in the fridge! I don’t know why, but the chilling seemed to transform them from a sweet treat to a dessert.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins
Peanut butter and chocolate meet again in these decadent muffins. Enjoy them as a part of your breakfast, as snack or a dessert!
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp gluten-free oat four
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp sorghum flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (any granulated sugar will work)
- 6 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp unsweetened non-dairy yogurt
- 3/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Line mini-muffin tray with liners.
- In a small bowl mix together flours, salt and baking powder.
- In a second bowl cream together coconut sugar, applesauce, peanut butter, non-dairy milk and non-dairy yogurt until mixture is smooth.
- Add the contents of the first bowl to the second bowl and stir until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and portion into lined mini-muffin tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly golden and an inserted toothpick is clean when removed. Let cool for at least 10 minutes.
Calories: 121, Fat: 5.7 g (2 g saturated), Carbohydrates: 17.7 g, Fiber: 1.5 g, Sugar: 7.2 g, Protein: 2.8 g
Nutritional information is based on serving size of 1 muffin- 1/24th of recipe. Nutritional information was calculated using this.
You Might Also Like: