Is there anything better than the smell of cookies baking in the oven?
Probably not, which is why these cookies are a beautiful thing! Free from gluten, corn, dairy, eggs, refined sugar, oil, butter, margarine…I could go on, or I could just share the recipe…
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies with batter so delicious it’s hard to resist devouring it all before it even makes it to the oven!
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup erythritol (any granulated sugar will work)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (any granulated sugar will work)
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used almond)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- Add rice flour, starches, baking soda, xanthan gum and sea salt to a small bowl and mix until combined.
- In a second bowl cream together erythritol, coconut sugar, almond butter and applesauce until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the non-dairy milk and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture, stirring until a dough forms.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pinch the dough to form balls. Place the balls of dough on the parchment paper lined baking sheet and flatten to desired thickness. Note: the cookies do not spread when they cook.
- Bake for 8 minutes, remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Grab a glass of non-dairy milk and start dipping!
Calories: 100, Fat: 4.4 g (1.7 g saturated), Carbohydrates: 16.2 g, Fiber: 1.2 g, Sugar: 7 g, Protein: 1 g
Nutritional information is based on serving size of 1 cookie. Nutritional information was calculated using this.
You Might Also Like: