In case you missed it, there is a virtual vegan potluck that went live on Saturday! Check out my submission here OR start at the beginning and see ALL of the delicious submissions from bloggers around the world here!
Okay, now back to business. It’s Sunday night so you know what that means…5-Ingredient Monday time! Check out all of the delicious submissions from last week here. My favourites from last week were:
Strawberry Rosemary Sun-Tea from Spiced Curiousity
Cucumber Chickpea Bruschetta from Gluten Free Easily
Best Summer Refresher:
Watermelon Mint Horchata from Living Large on a Tiny Lot
This week I’m sharing another peanut butter and chocolate recipe. And yes, I say “another” because since I announced my love affair with peanut butter and chocolate in my Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies post, I’ve gone on to create Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins and Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies. Then I learned how to make the delicious peanut butter chocolate flavour without the peanuts with my Peanut-Free Tagalong Cookies and Peanut-Free Do-Si-Do Cookies. As I’m sure you can tell, I’m a little obsessed with this flavour combination🙂
But who wouldn’t be with a treat like this staring you in the face:
Super Healthy Peanut Butter Cups
Mouth watering peanut butter filling surrounded by rich dark chocolate. The perfect bite-sized treat!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cacao powder (cocoa powder will also work)
- liquid stevia to taste (I used 5 drops of the dark chocolate liquid stevia)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp brown rice flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (any granulated sugar will work)
- Line a mini muffin pan with silicone liners and place the tray in the freezer.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small sauce pan. Remove from heat and stir in the cacao powder. Add the liquid stevia and taste to ensure it is sweet enough for your liking.
- Remove the lined mini muffin pan from the freezer and use a cooking brush to coat each silicone cup with the chocolate. Place back in freezer until the chocolate sets.
- Add 2-3 more layers of chocolate to the silicone cups, letting set in freezer between each layer.
- Next, prepare the filling my mixing together the peanut butter, brown rice flour and coconut sugar.
- Add a small spoonful (approximately 1/2-3/4 tbsp) of peanut butter filling to each chocolate lined silicone cup. Gently smooth the top with a wet finger and place in freezer for 2 minutes.
- Use the rest of the chocolate mixture to cover the top of each peanut butter filled cup.
- Let set in freezer and keep in fridge until ready to serve.
There’s my submission to 5 Ingredient Mondays, what will yours be this week?
Please review the following guidelines before linking up:
- Recipe should contain 5 ingredients or less, pantry staples excluded. So basically anything that is likely to be found in most peoples kitchen/pantry does not count as an ingredient, neither do optional ingredients. Examples of kitchen/pantry staples may include spices, baking soda, baking powder, milk/non-dairy milk, oils, etc.
- Recipe must be gluten-free. Bonus for recipes that are also dairy-free and double bonus for plant-based recipes.
- Lastly, please leave a link to your own recipe that goes to that week’s 5-Ingredient Monday post, not on this static page.
Your recipes don’t need to be from this week, but it does need to be your own recipe. I will sometimes share photos of the recipes with links back to your blog, so by sharing your recipe, you are giving me permission to use your photo and link back to your recipe.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
P.S. Check out previous 5-Ingredient Mondays: