Yes, that is a picture of something you can throw together in a matter of minutes. Yes, it tastes just as good as it looks. And yes, I’ve eaten one almost everyday since I developed the recipe. Just to make sure we’re all on the same page, that’s a dark chocolate brownie, smothered in white chocolate and sprinkled with crunchy cacao nibs.
Cacao nibs, in case you are wondering, are chunks of cacao beans- the bean that cocoa powder is processed from. Basically it’s raw chocolate and full of nutrients, like beta-carotene, zinc and magnesium. Speaking of magnesium, did you know that cravings for chocolate can be related to low levels of magnesium in the body?
And what better way to boost your magnesium levels than with a big bite of this:
Instant Triple Chocolate Brownie
A rich, dark chocolate brownie, smothered in creamy white chocolate and topped with crunchy cacao nibs. Without a doubt, pure chocolate heaven.
- 3 tbsp gluten-free oat flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- 3 tbsp + 2 tsp unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp unsweetened applesauce
- 5-7 drops of liquid dark chocolate stevia
- 1/2 tbsp melted dairy-free white chocolate
- 1/2 tbsp cacao nibs (or dairy-free chocolate chips)
- Mix oat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sea salt, non-dairy milk, applesauce and liquid stevia together until combined.
- Pour into microwavable ramakin or mug.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute, or until the top is no longer shiny and does not stick to fingers when touched.
- Let cool completely and top with melted white chocolate and cacao nibs.
Nutritional information for brownie with melted white chocolate and cacao nibs:
Calories: 182.5 Fat: 9 g (4.5 g saturated), Carbohydrates: 25 g, Fiber: 8 g, Sugar: 0.5 g, Protein: 6 g
Nutritional information for brownie without extra toppings:
Calories: 125, Fat: 4.5 g (1 g saturated), Carbohydrates: 22.4 g, Fiber: 6 g, Sugar: 0.5 g, Protein: 5.4 g
You May Also Like:
UPDATE! This recipe has been shared at Fat Tuesday, Real Food Wednesdays, Wellness Weekend, Fight Back Friday, Healthy Vegan Friday, Simple Meals Friday, Meatless Mondays, 5 Ingredient Mondays, Gluten-Free Fridays, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Wonderful Food Wednesdays, Allergy-Free Wednesdays, Tasty Traditions, Whole Food Fridays, Fresh Bites Friday, Tried and True Recipes, Melt in Your Mouth Mondays, Natural Living Mondays, Make Your Own Mondays, Whole Food Wednesdays, Potluck Party, Meatless Meals, Allergy-Free Fridays, Mostly Homemade Mondays, Eco Kids Tuesday, Thank Your Body Thursday, Foodie Fridays, Meatless Mondays, Tasteful Tuesdays, Gluten-Free Wednesdays, Try a New Recipe Tuesdays, Tuesday Greens, 2Day Wednesdays and All My Bloggy Friends.