Last week in Toronto the sun was out and the temperature was climbing. This week it’s back to clouds and wind. The change in temperature gave me the urge to bake in an attempt to warm the house up a bit. Blueberry muffins were on the menu- juicy blueberries for the upcoming summer and comforting muffins for the exiting spring.
Healthy Vegan & Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins
Moist, mouthwatering muffins spotted with juicy blueberries. You’ll never believe there’s a hidden vegetable in these beauties!
- 1 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 6 tbsp unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (any granulated sugar will work)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, stir together the wet ingredients until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Portion batter between muffin pan, filling each muffin no more than 3/4 full.
- Put muffins in the oven and then reduce the heat to 325 degrees and bake for 30 minutes, or until the edges are slightly browned and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before indulging!
And there’s a close-up so you can judge me for my stained muffin pan :)
You May Also Like:
UPDATE! This recipe has been shared at Allergy-Free Wednesdays, Healthy Vegan Fridays, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Full-Plate Thursdays, Natural Living Mondays, Gluten-Free Wednesdays, Meatless Mondays, Tasty Traditions, Try a New Recipe Tuesdays and Mostly Homemade Mondays.